Are you looking for that instant neat-Euro Chic finish that you can pop on this Fall and feel great in? Become a femme fatale with these 5 key trends that will catapult your look to a whole new level. Add a few smart pieces from these new classics for a sophisticated biz look, even when working from home!
1) The Feminine blouse – A neck-bow blouse spells classic, feminine sophistication, and this style has made a very strong comeback this season. Choices are abundant in every price range, so get a bit more playful by choosing one in your favorite new polka dot, animal or graphic print. This blouse is the perfect accompaniment to this season’s return of the pencil skirt.
Styling tip: This neck-tie blouse looks great with anything from a pencil skirt to jeans. Try it with a V-neck chunky cardigan or a vest to give it a more relaxed look for a casual elegance or pair this blouse with your favorite tailored jacket to give a feminine spin to the menswear look.
2) The Pencil skirt - The longer, on- the- knee, hemline adds forties glamour, conservative and alluring at the same time. A whole series of new accessories -pearls, gloves and fur trimmed shrugs-all revolve around the pencil skirt this season for a very elegant, lady-like look.
Styling Tip: This style skirt suits most body types but does wonders for the hourglass figure. Just make sure that the skirt shape contours towards the knees to keep the proportions in place. The sarong style is perfect for hiding larger thighs and a tummy. Fabric with a small percentage of elastane will give the best silhouette. Besides pairing this classic skirt with lady pumps, get the most bang for your buck by giving your pencil skirt a more laid back , casual look with shooties (ankle boot shoes), knee high boots or wedges with chunky knit or turtle neck sweater.
3) The Chain-strap handbag – It’s the season of the chain-strap bag! This trend is simple, yet elegant, classic and very versatile. Designers have come out with a wide variety of sizes, designs, colors and fabrics for this trend, so there’s really something out there for everyone.
Styling tip: This bag works with any kind of outfit, whether casual or dressy. Wear it from day to evening with jeans, a simple sheath dress or a satin cocktail dress. Opt for a bright hue or print to jazz up your LBD.
4) The Jewel tone color wheel – Fashion’s palette has moved up a notch from summer’s acid brights and paintbox pops of color into the sumptuous realm of jewel tones for Fall/Winter 2011 Collections. Amethyst, sapphire, emerald, ruby, garnet and citrine hues will make you feel rich and sophisticated.
Styling Tip: These colors are wonderful worn head-to–toe, paired together or used as accent tones for accessories (bags, shoes, necklaces, scarves). Pair them with the existing neutrals in your closet, such as: camel, stone, navy, grey and black. Whichever way you work it, these shades will make you shine!
5) Python prints – While leopard has been king for the past few seasons, snakeskin has taken over the spotlight for Fall 2011. Designers swooned over all things serpentine, and python in particular was offered as a decidedly chic and luxurious look. It’s the new print everyone will want to own. Whether as a slinky dress or scaled back as an accent on a shirt or scarf, reptile is a wardrobe essential for everyone this season.
Styling Tip: Neutral-toned accessories are a classic way to tame the exotic edge of python. I love the new take in hot jolts of colour, shown here in shoes and blouses— but beware, just one skin per outfit, please.
Have fun putting together your new looks for Fall!